Only export of goods for personal use is allowed. You also can take the local currency up to LKR 20,000.
You’re not allowed to export:
- dangerous drugs or narcotic substances;
- pornographic materials;
- any material ridiculing any religious belief;
- coral, shells or other protected marine products. It is strictly prohibited!
Some items should be declared at the customs:
- fire arms, ammunitions, explosives and weapons;
- plants, fruits, pets and their products;
- pharmaceuticals and medicines, except for personal use;
- goods for commercial or trade purposes, except trade samples;
- foreign currencies up to the amounts imported and/or declared, except for Indian and Pakistan currencies which are prohibited.